Re: XyW on a T43 with XP Pro

Phillip Alder wrote:
Dear Patricia,

Nothing happens when I do run c:\xw\xw.exe.
How about when you double-click on the .exe file (or a shortcut
pointing to it) from Windows Explorer?

And when I try to load the program in safe mode
By "load" do you mean install or run? Don't bother trying to install. Copy your working directory, being sure to re-create the same directory structure.
A while back, I was working on a Xywin setup that would run off my
flash drive. I.e., it mimicked Carl's Portable setup for Xy 4. Never
got it finished, and now I've forgotten where I was, but if I can get
a few minutes, I will tackle it again.
N.B. I did manage to run that on a laptop (a Dell!) at the library.
Got a lot of errors, because it was referencing files in the wrong
location, the portable setup not being done, but it loaded and was
able to open a file.
This business about space on the drive is apparently endemic to older
apps. dBase 5 for DOS pulled that one on me the other day: said there
wasn't space on the drive to do something. The drive (one whole second
physical hard drive, not just a logical drive on a partition) is 6 G,
of which only about 1 is in use. Programs of that vintage apparently
cannot believe in gigabyte drives.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx