Re: mac filing system

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:22:01 -0400, Andy Turnbull wrote:

>Even when everything else I'm working on is in the same directory,
>it wants to search the whole machine.
>
>Things are hard to find because when I use the search command, (the little
>magnifying glass doohickey on the top-right) it just gives me names, and I
>have to put the cursor on the names, one by one, to find out where the files
>are. I have to really want something to find it on the mac, because
>otherwise I may forget why I wanted it before I find it.

there are a lot of issues here, however I can't imagine there's not some way of
managing symlinks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

in Linux I use these -- along with a plain old SUBST command in the batch
command with which I start editor.exe -- with XyWrite under Dosemu to represent

/home/public/raphaelsXyWriteStuff

as

L:

along with subdirectories....