Re: Backup path

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:52:42 -0500, Michael Norman wrote:

>I recently got a ZIP drive that I now use to back up, as I write, all my XyWrite files. I work in XyDos4 on a Win98 system. The ZIP drive is my e: drive. The ZIP disk has a main \XY directory and off of that several sub-directories. I have rewritten my Alt=B key so that when I press it on the fly, it sends (or I want it to send) a copy of the file or overwrite the file on both the c: and e: drives. Here's what the line in my keyboard file reads:
>
>48=BX(sa)BX(sa/nv e:)
>
>The problem: it saves the file to the root directory of the e: not the right, or corresponding, sub-directory. I know I'm missing something but can not figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

This is an easy one to forget. FIrst of all, you want the "subst"
command. In the autoexec.bat file Xy uses put:

SUBST H: E:\XY

This aims references to H: to the specified subdir. Remember, also,
Xywrite's got its own "backup working file to directory" (NB, it
"behaves" as though it's got an /NV)-- so you can leave off the extra
formatting in your keyboard file and in your startup.int put

 -- assuming your working Xy directory is on C:, that is. That should
do it.

Rafe T.

raphaelt@xxxxxxxx
http://www.ray-field.com