Re: Latest DTFS

Reply to note from "morris krok"  Wed, 6 Apr
2005 03:54:20 +0200

> your latest version of DTFS has when you decode it hard returns
> at the end of each line and a hard return between lines. Is
> this correct, the way it should be.

Well, by definition, every line ends with a hard return, so I'm not
sure what the first part of your description means. But "a hard
return between lines" is definitely wrong.

For XPL Encode and Decode to work, your mailer has to be set to send
and *receive* mail as plain text. If your mailer modifies incoming
messages (for example, by applying quoted-printable encoding),
DECODE won't be reliable. Every message I get from you is in MIME
multi-part format, with the message text encoded with quoted-
printable and then repeated as HTML. I wouldn't be surprised if
your incoming messages are being modified as well.

The following site has instructions for setting the Mail Sending
Format in Outlook Express 6 to plain text:

http://www.expita.com/nomime.html#outlook5

Those menus may also branch to a Mail Receiving Format; if they do,
make sure that you are receiving plain text as well -- at least from
this mailing list.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx