Fwd: Re: Xy Etc. under MacOS/VPC

Really_From: "Yo Intl."
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Xy Etc. under MacOS/VPC
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 08:45:45 +0900

>I am doing a review of Virtual PC version 4
>(this is PC emulation software for the Mac)
>for Macobserver, and would appreciate hearing
>from anyone who has used any version of
>XyWrite or NotaBene on a Mac.

I am doing exactly that in my "branch office" in Germany, where I put up
a Mac in my mother's house. XY runs fine in a DOS window. This is under
German Mac OS 8.6.

However, here in Japan, XY refuses to run under the same conditions. It
starts up alright, but then freezes at the startup.int stage. (I have
asked about this phenomenon before on this list). The only difference
between the two setups is that here I am using the Japanese Mac OS. No
idea if that is the reason, but it is the only clue I have.

Fwiw

NB: As for performance: XY is so fast that even in emulation, speed is no
consideration. And Windows is so bloated, that no matter how clever the
latest incarnation of VPC, Windows will always be sluggish.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)