RE: XY Full Screen in XP

Fred,

It can be done. Uncheck Alt-Enter in your PF file. Put the command for full screen there in the keyboard.

-          Andy

From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fred Weiner
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:10 AM
To: XyWrite List
Subject: XY Full Screen in XP

Friends,

I would like to run XY4 in Windows XP full screen––and by that I mean XyWrite taking up the entire screen without title bar, just as it ran in DOS in the old days. No amount of tinkering with the PIF preferences has enabled me to escape windowed view including, of course, checking the 'full screen' rather than the 'window' box, and various settings and re-settings of the height and width and font sections. I understand from studying numerous posts in the archives that sometimes the problem relates to the BIOS; I can not seem to access that in my setup which is on an i386 Mac running VMWare; I may be missing something but my only option other than normal startup seems to be safe mode, which does not help.

I had posted earlier (under the subject 'PIF files for XP') about not being able to get XY to fill even a window; Patricia helped me to set df sl (that's 'ess ell') properly in settings.dfl so that now I have a decent looking window filled with our favorite word processor; but I want it to fill the whole screen. She also developed a technique for changing the height and width settings of the PIF incrementally with corresponding changes made to the df sl; I could not get any changes to stick using that technique either. I'm attaching a .TIFF file to show what I do have.

Any help greatly appreciated . . .

Fred Weiner