Re: NB 10 beta 21

Steve at NB wrote me:

Dear Harry,

I'm glad that the beta seems to be getting closer. But of course it is still
not XyWrite ready, as you know. There's now another one, even, at
http://www.notabene.com/version_10_auto_updates.html.

I haven't responded to him yet, but I didn't know that it isn't XyWrite ready. Hope it will be. Is Dave Erickson still at NB?

Carl

I have used most of the beta's since around 10, including 20.  I have not tried 21 yet but for all previous betas, running XPL has been a major problem.  Some code will work but a lot will not.  I am hopeful that this will change after NB10 exits the beta phase but at the moment they are concentrating on the core capabilities.  Overall it appears to me to be a good looking product but I cannot use it for regular work because of the XPL problem.

Best wishes

Paul