≪
From: "Robert Holmgren"
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 05:13:27 -0500

Sender: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx

≫
As you see, there are References and In Reply to.
Now Robert's posting from the last digest I received displays only this:
≪
From: "Robert Holmgren"
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:30:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Tame (and time)

≫
NO REFERENCES or In reply to. And they're not lurking somewhere,
apparently, because I looked in the version I saved as text file, and
that includes all the boilerplate.

The Digest as a whole, of which that message was an attachment, has this
header:
≪