Xy + Win98--any hope?

Hello to all. I'm new to the list, but not to XyWrite, which I've loved
for 10+ years.

My question has doubtless been asked and answered before, possibly several
times, and if someone will give me directions to searching the archive,
I'll go away and look on my own.

Can Xy 4 (DOS) be used on a fast machine with Win 98?

Last fall I bought a Pentium II 333 mhz PC (with the MS "natural" keyboard
and Win98 preinstalled). Because I had heard good things about
WordPerfect, and also wanted to try out Dragon Naturally Speaking (which
Corel was bundling with WP), I bought it too.  I expect to continue using
the voice recognition software despite its present limitations, and it
comes with its own simple text editor. But I grow increasingly dismayed
by the awkwardness of WP after XyWrite.

If anyone out there knows how to get XY4 to run reasonably contentedly on a
PC like mine, I'd love to hear about it. I might even be willing to settle
for XyWin (which I have but of course find inferior.) I'm a writer but
almost never need anything in the DTP line beyond the simplest formatting,
and file all my pieces by email. I want to go back to using the program
because it really is the best one for writers.

Piteously,

Tammy Powledge

****
Tabitha M. Powledge					25040 Old Brick Way
Science & Medical Writer + Editor			 Half-Pone Point
301-373-5466						 Hollywood, MD 20636
tam@xxxxxxxx					   	FAX 301-373-3788
*****