Re: Opinions on Presario laptop?

Norman Bauman wrote:

> At 01:08 PM 5/11/03 -0800, J. R. Fox wrote:
> >
> >Norman Bauman wrote:
> >

> I have heard good things generally about the ThinkPad. Why do you like it?

Norman,

I don't own a laptop, but a relative of mine has a ThinkPad, probably the A-20.
Besides a general reputation for quality and good support, the TPs have some of
the better screens you'll see on a laptop, and they get much less warm than most
other laptops, so you can actually work with them on your lap for awhile. I think
their keyboards are pretty good, though maybe not the best. On the downside, they
don't have the most generous battery life, and I never much liked those "pencil
eraser" trackpoint things. However, you're free to use an outboard mouse (or
monitor or keyboard, for that matter), and there are hot swappable spare
batteries.

Jordan