Re: Customization Guide Typo?

** Reply to message from  on Thu, 17 Nov 2005
10:10:34 -0800

> I'm guessing that For&mat is wrong...am I right?

"For&mat" is correct. Keep it. I wouldn't change _anything_. There's a lot
of technical stuff in there.

While we're on the subject: If you're familiar with the book -- say, very
familiar -- the formatting that I have seen so far of the preliminary OCRs is
unrecognizable. Like a book that I've never seen before. Speaking for me
only, I would much prefer formatting that *looked like* the book I know -- and
formatted the way XyQuest designed & wanted it to look. You could still add in
all the tags, links, PDFmarks, and user-accessibility stuff you want.

Although I don't have the original text, what I do have (I think) is the set of
formats and styles that was applied to that text (obviously the book was
typeset from a document composed in XyWrite IV). If I had a copy of the OCR
plain text, I could probably format it to look like the book without much
trouble. (I'd be happy to do that.)

Anybody else have a strong feeling one way or another about this?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx