Re: Getting an LPT4 on XP

Patricia wrote:

Reply to message from Harry Binswanger , on Fri, 11 Mar
2005 18:26:27 -0500

≪The PORT setting on XP can't be changed. ≫

Harry, it just occurred to me: how are you logged on? I bet port settings
are something you can only change if you're logged in as administrator.
XP, like NT and 2K, is much more network-oriented than 9x and does enable
the sysadmin to block mere users from doing things. Now, of course, if
you're the only one using the PC, you're Pooh-Bah. But XP doesn't know
that.

I'm not sure how to log on as administrator. Well, "I'm not sure" is a euphemism for "I have only the foggiest notion."

Anyone know how?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx