Re: Document conversion

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Jordan Fox
>
> Unless you need to convert to a later version of MS Word, which is and
> has long been the market standard. From what I gather, Word seems to
> have changed its file format almost with each new release.
> (Incompatibility = forced new sales / upgrades.) I haven't looked at
> those old MasterSoft filters in years, but did they even go as high as
> Word 6 ? Even if they did, wouldn't you need to let a more recent
> version of Word import it and re-convert -- definitely a nuisance.

The NBWin filters are Wordport and quite up to date. Current offerings
include

MSWord for DOS v. 3,4,5,5.5
MSWord for Windows 2,6,7,8(Word97)
WP for DOS 5,5.1,5.2,6.0,6.1
WP (Corel) 7,8
NB DOS 2,3,4
NBWin
Signature
Xy 2,3/3+,4
(& lots of less in-demand formats)

Unfortunately, the RTF filter is still under development, so you're
limited to listed formats till that comes out.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
School of Library & Information Science
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."