From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Sivin
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 11:42 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Nota Bene

As one quite familiar with XYDOS, XYWIN, and NBWIN, I would say that you
are better off with the third than the second. First, if you are using a
Windows program, you want one that is compatible with Windows, and NBWIN
is more so. For instance, it is important to me to be able to use the
Windows clipboard, because I use a utility with it that saves everything
cut or copied, and permits fancy insertions. Second and most important,
it is a live program, while XYWIN is an engaging dead one, with no
support and no future development. Third, if you do professional
writing, its built-in styles and other amenities are valuable. Fourth,
some of its features are clearly more advanced. For instance, as you
view a file, page cross-references in it show the page.

I have had no freezing whatever with NB. I am now using a pivoting LCD
monitor, a delightful amenity and now fairly reasonable in price. XYDOS
opens sideways in portrait mode, XYWIN freezes in portrait mode, but NB
works perfectly.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin