Re: F5--and everything went black...

At 11:24 AM 10/5/2007, Matt Gumm wrote:

There are programs that provide a GUI interface and then make the registry entries for you. That may be easier than editing the registry directly, especially if you only want to do one or two keys (ie, Caps Lock). For any who don't know, adjusting something in the registry requires a restart to be effective. I used KeyTweak, available for free here: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
I should have also echoed the injunction: never leave home without ERUNT, which is to say never edit the XP registry without backing up with ERUNT first. I have used it many times since Robert first mentioned it here, and that little utility has enabled me to recover instantly from a couple of misapplied registry edits. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ Michael Norman