Re: Loading files at startup in III+

At 07:45 AM 12/30/97 EST, Tim Baehr wrote:

[snip]

> I believe that Xy3 looks only in its current directory for STARTUP.INT.

Indeed. That is my experience. I have Xy4 in one DOS subdirectory, Xy3 in
another. If I invoke Xy4 from its own subdirectory, I get ITS own
STARTUP.INT. (If I invoke Xy3 from that subdirectory I get mayhem). No
reason why different versions of Xy3 or Xy4 couldn't be kept in their own
subdirectories, I should think. Of course, watch out for the PATH: if a
STARTUP.INT is in the path it may get invoked rather than the one you want.

Of course, I am a DOS person; don't know how all this would work with XyWin.

Phil Smith