Re: Tame: I spoke too soon

J R FOX wrote:

O.K. -- but do you really need to shell out to DOS
from Xy ? (*) Nothing to stop you from running a
concurrent (secondary) DOS session for whatever.
Exactly. I minimize Xy and run all sorts of things with it still in memory. Have even run Xy nd dBase (both DOS apps) concurrently, though not often.
(* OTOH, quite possibly some of the U2 stuff you are
using requires the ability to shell out from Xy . . .
?)
I don't think so. Carl and Robert can say for sure, but I thought the whole point of including kmd.exe for benighted users of 9x (like moi) was to let one run another VDM without having to shell? Though even 9x will let you run another instance of command.com. I do it all the time when converting from Xy to WordPerfect.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx