Re: xy3 VS. xy4

In a message dated 1/30/01 6:13:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, TBaehr@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> XYWin crashes, is clunky, but can access TrueType fonts.

I moved several years ago from 3 to 4Win, have grown familiar with the Win
version and like it. So far, no problem with crashes from Xy (only from
other programs). Should I expect problems? If it's clunky, it probably
suits my own clunkiness.

I am a new subscriber, annoyed by MS Word, and delighted to find so many
people as devoted to xywrite as I am. With my have limited computer
knowledge I can only note with awe what you experts say. I began xy some
years after our newspaper installed Atex in 1976 and have stuck with it ever
since despite the occasional remark: You still use that?

Robert J. White