From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Kaspersky anti-virus software

Reply to note from Lynn Brenner mailto:lynn.brenner.nyc@xxxxxxxx Tue, 5 Sep
2017 08:51:47 -0400

> Should the average consumer abandon Kaspersky? And if so, what's
> the optimal alternative?

No comment on Kaspersky. But I will say that I have no reason to
abandon the U.S.-based McAfee, which I've used for 3+ years, with no
complaints. It quarantines stuff from time to time, which I guess is
good. I've had few if any false positives, also good. In general it
stays out of the way, but it's also easy to temporarily disable when I
need to. And their customer service is first-rate, as I discovered a
few weeks ago when one of their programs mysteriously stopped working.
So if you think Kaspersky is less than horrorshow, trying sinking your
zoobies into McAfee.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx