Winprint

I must be doing something wrong.  I put this into the vDosXy directory, which I thought was the instructed procedure, and then invoked it.  (I did this from Windows Explorer.)  The program then decided to print -- in succession -- every text file therein.  Not what I had in mind.  It would have been necessary to disconnect the printer to make it stop, but it happened to run out of paper before I could have done that.

So, what is the *correct* way to use this thing ?

   Jordan

From: John Paines
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: new computer XY-DOS

I don't believe there's any documentation.  However, loading the program puts an icon in the taskbar, which is (for the most part) self-evidently configurable.  You get a choice of fonts, point size, margins, lines per page, font translation (code 437), choice of installed printers, and provision for supplying the file name and directory of the file which winprint will monitor (you must print to file with this utility), and printer selection.  Winprint is the fastest option available I've found; a xywrite tyf command goes instantly to the printer.  By contrast, it's several seconds before vDos's dosprinter utility kicks in with a dialogue box.