Re: Converting xy to dbf

At 05:27 PM 11/20/03 -0800, AndyCh wrote:

>-Source file is written in xy 4.18, DOS.
>and is esactly like this
>
>> >24)...
>> >25) Title *****, Code *****, 1=*****,2=*****, 3=*****
>> >26)...
>
>Have I to change something ? ?
>

>The data-base program is dbxL, a DOD dbIII clone
>-PC-File is a DOS-program too ? Can I download it ?

Yes, it was shareware, and is now abandonware. Search Google for "PC-File
Buttonware" Here's a site that has it:
http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/files/applicat.htm

PC-File also has a good online manual.

But any database program will do. I can save files in .dbf from WordPerfect
Win.

>-The dbf file must be created before importing ?

No, you can import a text file or other formats. After you import it, the
database program creates the .dbf file.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019