Re: XYWRITE digest 785

Has anyone used WordMover software, which appears to be another
Atex/XyWrite relative. What I really want to know is whether it's possible
to use XyWrite macros under WordMover. My newspaper uses the software on
bureau terminals and on a handfull of laptops. Friends who have to use
those packages are asking about using some XyWrite III Plus macros I wrote
to smooth conversions between Atex and XyW, but so far I haven't found
enough documentation to know whether it's possible to execute the programs.
Thanks for any leads.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. A preliminary Web search indicates WordMover was a
product of ComputerEase. I'm not sure, but it appears ComputerEase may
have ended operations...

Finally, my own paper is talking about replacing WordMover with a Lotus
Notes-based front end for bureaus. But it's hard for mere end users to get
enough information to know what that will really be like.

-- Jim Franklin       jimfranklin@xxxxxxxx
               CompuServe:74431,236
               or jimfranklin@xxxxxxxx

  James L. Franklin
  Reporter 			Tel. 508-820-4252
  Boston Globe, West Weekly	FAX: 508-820-4258
  40 Speen St.			E-mail: franklin@xxxxxxxx
  Framingham, MA 01701 USA

  Home:
  360 Forest Ave.
  Brockton MA 02301 USA
  Tel. 508-584-1118      FAX: 508-256-5661