Search, new version

The attachment is a new version of a search program that searches
character-by-character. I've added some bells and whistles (and fixed some
bugs). I forgot to mention the supposed benefit of the program: it finds what
you're looking for in the least number of keystrokes. I've found that I can
often get to the first instance of a unique word by the 3rd or 4th letter.
With XyWrite's command-line search or menus, you have to guess at how few
letters to use. Too few, and you have to reactivate the search (or add letters
to narrow it). Too many, and you've already typed too many letters. With this
program, you just keep typing your target word until it shows up. A minor
benefit, but it was fun to think it through....

I'm attaching this using Notes; it worked when I mailed an attachment home via
AOL. If you get bizarre results, let me know. Your mail reader shoud be able
to decode MIME. If this works, I may keep putting short stuff (uner 2K?) up
directly as attachements without posting them to Nathan for inclusion in the
library (which he can choose to do anyway). If that's not OK, let me know.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx
baehr@xxxxxxxx