Re: Caps Lock position, and other keyboard matters

Flash,

Very good image to keep for reference in programming kbd.

It's a modern-day replacement for the old difficult-to-interpret
ASCII-based diagrams of kbds that came with the kbd file.

Thanks.

Y'all, I have been using Cherries for some time now and found it quite easy to pry up the keys from one and mount them onto another. This allows me to combine different key-colors and key-heights. It also allows me to duplicate keys (you'll note I have two F9s, for example). I find that different colors and heights makes it easier for me to find essential and oft-used keys. One could also mount a lower key to avoid hitting it accidentally. In the photo attached, I have noted the XY-kbd key-numbers to make it easy to modify the kbd file--I used KeyCode.exe to identify the keys. Thanks, Harry, for the link to key-labels. Great idea. Cheers, PS to Carl: "Quack!" from one Odd Duck to another.