Re: Xy to Word

Commendably, Word changes some things automatically. For example, I used
double hyphens (--) to set off the introduction to certain sections. Word
correctly identified them as H2 second-level headlines.

The point is, I want to work in Xy, and automatically change everything to
Word. If I had to change it manually, it would be too much trouble to
change it with every draft, and I'd have to continue working in Word.

Nothing in this message should be construed as a defense of the talking
paperclip.

Norman

At 03:27 PM 8/13/01 -0400, Judith Davidsen wrote:

>What I do is set up my own heads, subheads, etc in xywrite,
>enclosing them --depending on the level--in brackets, curly
>brackets, whatever I'm not using in the text. Then in word,
>I use a search&replace to turn them into whatever font I
>want for each level; in your case the roman numerals etc
>would be inside the enclosures and Word would not change
>them. If this will help, I can tell you how to do it in more
>detail after I get something to eat. But I don't have a clue
>how to make Word do it automatically.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019