Re: XyWrite and Macs

Ed Curtis wrote:

> I use XyWrite III+ on a Mac G3 with Virtual PC software by Connectix.
> Every now and then the keyboard goes a little crazy on me

The 3+ keyboard (and maybe later versions, dunno, but it never happens to me
in them) will wig out from time to time. The solution put forth by Herb Tyson
lo those many years ago was (believe it or not!) to rename keyboard tables:
He recommends, as I recall, you change ALT to ALTT, SHIFT to SHIFF, and CAPS
to KAPS. I forget the reason why.

I imagine that when you use an emulator the problem is only enhanced.

> (so I save my
> file and continue)

A neat trick is to remap one of the page down keys (I use the white one) so
that it pages down and then saves the file. Good when the weather is
unsettled, electricians are working in the building, or the heat is
dysfunctional and people have turned on space heaters.

> and the printing gets a little weird when I use styles
> (centered text gets set as if it were flush against the edge of the paper
> and only half the line prints--but not in all cases). I recently upgraded
> to Virtual PC 3.0 with the hope that some of this will stop. So far so
> good.

No idea on this one, Ed.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)