Re: W2000 Xy4 settings

** Reply to message from "fenda@xxxxxxxx"  on Fri, 31 Oct 2003
16:31:38 +0100

Manuel:

> I would like to confirm that SP4 doesn't change the recommended settings
> for Xy4 Program Properties under W2000... I am referring
> specially to idle sensitivity.

I think it may return those settings to system defaults (whatever those are).
I looked at both of my XyWrite installations, and the Idle Sensitivity slider
is set dead in the center. I know I played with them previously and probably
set them on the Low side.

Now that SP4 fixes all of the cursor movement problems (that I ever perceived),
and (IMO) there's no further need for Tame, you're going to want a degree of
Idle sensitivity, in order to divert CPU cycles away from XyWrite if it isn't
being used. You don't want XyWrite to hog the CPU, which is what it wants to
do in the absence of any constraints.

Not a very big deal anyway...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx