Re OT Browsers

I've heard good things about Firefox, but with only a dial-up connection,
I hesitate to embark on a lengthy download. I've used Mozilla Firebird
for about a year now. One or two pages have come up blank, but if a site
is so in thrall to the Bully of Redmond, I'm not sure I WANT to see
what's on it. I haven't used the e-mail app, since Juno compels one to
use its own proprietary one--which, in the older version I use, is not
bad: totally text, so no graphics and no executables, except as
attachments, which I'm not dumb enough to save or open.
Patricia