RE: Describe to XyWrite: reply to JB

On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, J.L. Gordon wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> > RE your note below on converting files from Describe to
XyWrite. What I do  > is simply save the Describe file as ASCII
text. No formatting is carried over,  > of course, but none of
the deltas are either.

But that's the problem: conversions from DeScribe to ASCII aren't
clean. So I'm converting to XyWrite first, then using TYF to get
a clean ascii file.

DeScribe is nice, but it lacks some bacic features that XyWrite
has had for a long time. Still, it's tempting to make the
change....

jb