Re: XyWrite

 > thought you were talking about WordPerYek (you used the abbrev
 > WP). sorry!

My fault. I still think of WP as the generic Word Processing. I have the same
problem with WFW meaning Word For Windows or Windows For Workgroups.

 > PS: do you know if it is possible to use the Win-menus in XyWin in
 > XPL?

I have a custom XyWrite 4 application which uses custom menus and dialog boxes.
I plugged the exact same .DLG and .MNU files into XyWin and they worked
.. not perfectly, but they worked. The main problems were that I couldn't
figure out how to control dialog box placement and that one of the selection
methods didn't work (I can't remember; eithier double-clicking with the mouse
or hitting enter).

Unfortunately, the application used extensive redlining for comments, which
just didn't stand out on the GUI platform, so we decided to stick with XyW for
DOS. I still tinker with XyWin from time to time, though. It's a fairly easy
upgrade.

 > I do not know how, but you are playing dirty!!!!! how's your dutch?

Well the clues (fishing through past messages) were "Flying Dutchman," "IV _en_
IVWin," and, the clincher, "a prosperous future _voor_ XyWrite". Your 100xxx UID was
also a clue.

I went to college for a year in a town in Iowa started by Dutch immigrants some 130 years ago
(Pella, for those interested), where I had to contend with names such as Kuyper, Gaass, and
Kreudener, and these were the buildings on campus! Like most Western European languages, I have
enough linguistic background to be able to pick out words, but not enough for any real
comprehension. I've studied Spanish and German with little success, and am working on Welsh at the
moment.

 --Sam. [using GCP v2.11, 22-Dec-94: 01:23]