Re: Spam Filters

** Reply to message from "EBERLE, JIM"  on Wed, 14 Apr
2004 10:22:56 -0400

> Is it possible to have "xywrite" in the "from" line of
> list e-mails rather than the list member's name?

I don't think anybody desires that. We *want* to know from
who the message comes; obviously the CCAT server replayed it!
From, To, Date, and Subject are usually the only headers
displayed, when an Email client is set to suppress the more
technical headers (as almost all clients are configured).
Filter on To, Sender, Reply-To, or Return-Path.

> I find it difficult to decide whether to open an e-mail from a person whose
> identity is not familiar. Many times, the e-mail is from a list member who
> isn't active on the list

If the message arrives via CCAT, it comes from a list member.
This is a closed list. If there isn't an attachment, what do
you have to fear?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx