Re: General startup question

rachel wrote:

> I'll respond to this via the list in case anyone else is interested:
>
> What is your printer setup? Are you able to print from xywrite or do you
> have to go through some sort of conversion process and print from another
> program? Or is it possible to employ some modernized, souped-up version of
> the old printer files for use with newer printers?

I think you mentioned that you have a Lexmark printer, presumably inkjet ? If so,
which model ? I expect to be creating a (XY-4) printer file for my Lexmark Optra
40, in the not-too-distant future. Although the 3-series and 4-series printer
files are different, when this is accomplished, if it is of any value to you (or
others here), I will certainly make it available.

There are also some methods for using a Postscript solution to circumvent the whole
specific, native printer driver issue. See the section and links on the XYWWWEB
page.

Jordan