reply to jenterli@xxxxxxxx

I have just tried to index a rather long book with XYDos-4. The results
were not good. While I could index individual chapters I found that very
often the page references were off by one page. In some chapters they
were plus one page; in others they were minus one page. So, check
carefully. Just because you have generated an index do not assume that
it is correct.

Also, I found the type@ function to be completely non-functional in
Xydos4. It appears that there is an illegal call to dos during this
operation.

These appear to be serious and unaddressed program bugs. Good luck!

Phil Ferreira
Dept. of Philosophy
Kutztown University
Kutztown, PA 19530