Re: Roget's Thesaurus and XW III+

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:04:21 +0100

> I have tried to use the Thesaurus from the XYWWWeb site and the program
> designed to use with XyWrite III+. If I load the program to a saveget
> key, it works fine, but if, as I prefer, I write it into the keyboard
> file as
>
> 15=b,c,r,u,n, ,r,o,g,e,t,v,3,.,p,m,x,c
>
> it searches for the word RUN every time, instead of the word at the
> cursor in the text file. Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
>
> Paul Breeze

Try instead:

15=bc,r,u,n, ,r,o,g,e,t,v,3,.,p,m,xc

The twin characters that represent functions are not separated by
commas.

There were, as I recall, a couple of limitations on the functionality of
the program if you RUN it from the .KBD file. Read the XyWWWeb page on
Roget for precise info (I'm on a boat and can't access the Net, and
can't remember).

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx