Re: Xy on Mac OS X

Hey Flash,

Have the confirmed that Snow Leopard will NOT run on the Powerpc macs? (I had heard that that was speculation, probably true, but hadn't heard anything for certain.)

Leopard, as i understand, WILL run on Powerpc macs. but the installer won't let you install it if your machine is under 800Mhz, i think. (There ARE ways around this...), but if it is powerful enough, and having a robust graphics card doesn't hurt either, then i think you can install Leopard.

My version of VPC is still running ok under Tiger.

fwiw,

Russ

So you've wrung your eyes of all your tears

And you caught them in a glass

To save them for some day next year, when you're waxing over your past

And should you ever begin to believe

That the good times was worth all the waste

Find your glass of last year's tears and you take a taste

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:02 AM, flash wrote:

> Andy,

Snow Leopard won't run on pre-Intel Macs. Neither will Leopard (might run, but won't be smooth). Last OS X version to run on pre-Intel Mac is Tiger (10.4.11). For this you'll need a DOS emulator of some sort.

Or wait til Snow Leopard comes out a buy new Mac hardware (Intel processors) to run it on.

Flash