Xywrite antiques

Some of you may recall that a year or two ago I accidentally uploaded
XyWrite II+ to the entire list! I don't know whether it is still
archived somewhere.  Does anyone have an earlier version they would be
willing to share? (For private use and study, of course...)

II+ ran on a Pentium class machine, but the screen updating was
noticeably slow. It acted rather like it does on my still-functionging
286 computer --- slower than III+.

Myron

P.S. Rather off the list topic, but still relevant (given XyWrite's
fade into history): Any opinions on how copyright should be treated for
the collecting and historical study of old computer programs??? It seems
plausible that someone might want to collect all versions of something
like XyWrite or Word Perfect. Aside from the intrinsic interest, there
might be historical concerns as well: Are there coding differences that
can be correlated to social, economic or enterprise events? I would love
to see a PhD thesis on the impact of the Microsoft/WordPerfect
competition on wordprocessing features, coding, performance, marketplace
expectation, etc. Why, for example, did Word Perfect go from the elegant
version 4.2 to increasing bloated, slow, buggy versions 5.0--->9? or is
it now 10?  Computer programs are, after all, social "artifacts" that
reflect the cultures that create them. What does the dominance and
nature of Microsoft word tell us about US society? How would
wordprocessors differ if some other country were the dominant player in
the market? Japanese, German, British... Or if women dominated software
design and programming? aaahhh... enough already. I just finished
marking final exams (law -- evidence) and I'm a bit punchy.