Re: Icons in taskbar OT

Wolfgang Bechstein wrote:

Big Bill Broonzy on Guitar, right?

No, Big Brother Bill Gates. But you knew that.

At the command prompt of a CMD DOS window under XP, type "title Wow I
Have Just Changed the Title Bar!" (without the quotes of course), hit
Enter, and then report back what you see, both in the title bar when the
window is open and on the task bar when the window is minimized.

Well, I'l be...
I'm working on the Vista laptop right now, but I tried it, figuring if it works in Vista, it surely works in XP. And it did. But on Vista at least, it doesn't stick. Close that DOS prompt and when you reopen again (by clicking the desktop shortcut), it's back to "Command Prompt.

Actually, the unnamed title field in the Properties for a shortcut
(first field under the Program tab) does the same.
Wlll try on XP, but Vista shortcuts don't seem to HAVE a Program tab. Not under that name, at least, but the first tab of a properties page has an unnamed field, and when I changed that, it stayed changed.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx