Re: USB or PS/2

--- On Mon, 3/16/09, Paul Breeze  wrote:

> From: Paul Breeze
> Subject: USB or PS/2
> To: "Xywrite Group"
> Date: Monday, March 16, 2009, 9:21 AM
> I'm thinking of replacing my IBM Model M keyboard with a
> new Unicomp keyboard. Are there any advantages to sticking
> with a PS/2 cable? Otherwise I think I'll switch to USB.

I expect there probably are, in some cases. So far, I have
hooked up one new computer (not mine) that lacks PS/2 with
PS/2 - USB adapters, and everything still works the way it
should. I've heard of "lags" and other possible issues, which
did not occur in that case. I've also heard this is a YMMV
type of thing, depending on the system. It might be more of
an issue if you venture outside of a Windows OS ?

One new system does not represent much of a sample. Soon
enough, I should have done two more. I'll be glad to let
you know how those turn out.

 Jordan