RE WYXIN: MOVING

NS-> I don't get it. You will find a list of VALUE functions in the
 -> XYWRITE 4 Customization Guide, pp. 225ff.

What Customization Guide???? Apart from being a die-hard 3+ user
for which many of the possible VAs are not listed, Xywin version
4 only has a Reference Guide (which doesn't even mention VA in
the index!) and an Installation & Learning Guide.
The Xywin list of defaults (pp. 18-9 to -12) is incomplete at best.

As someone has pointed out, the TTG BBS doesn't have any
technical notes for version 4, so it's impossible for me to find
directly the incompatibilities between 3+ and 4.

Thus far I've stayed with 3+ because it's exceedingly stable and
that anything new that 4 has added (which I use on a regular
basis), I have a program for. Perhaps the only aspect I miss is,
I believe, DOS 4 can use expanded or extended memory for large
files. On the other hand, a couple of my key programs use help
frame F, and I don't know whether help frame F is supported in 4;
I know it isn't in the Windows version. (Trial and error.)
Perhaps it has an equivalent, but TTG is keeping such things to itself.

I upgraded to the Windows version because I use Win Ventura and
Quark--and it would be convenient to have direct access to
XyWrite for cutting and pasting; but thus far I haven't had the
time to customize the Windows version (and I'm kept away by the
miserable screen font in the expanded view), but I do test
aspects of it.

--Chet

---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx