Re: Multiple launches and deleting .TMP files

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Tue, 28 Dec 2004
23:49:41 -0500

> nothing I did would get it to show the
> size of those TMP files as being other than 0 bytes

Not baffling: the files are OPEN, they're being written. It is perfectly
normal behavior for _many_ Windows programs to report zero filelength while
files are open and in use. You see the length when the files are closed (i.e.
XyWrite terminates).

> you sure can crash not only Xy but your whole computer
> (Win98) if you try to open FOUR 1.8 meg files

I'm pretty skeptical of Brian Henderson's claim that he can open 7.5Mb. Maybe
he can do it, but I can't get anywhere close to that. I'm down the tube at
2.5...

So, in other words, DOS doesn't delete the open Overflow files. I assumd it
wouldn't.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx