XSHIFT/AUOTSAVE

Strat,
  Sorry for the confusion. I was under the impression you renamed the SHIFT
key to XSHIFT. In any case, I reloaded your keyboard file LAP.KBD and tested
it on my machine. I was unable to produce the same problems you are
experiencing. I will continue to test it to see if I can make those symptoms
arise. The XSHIFT name, however, is not the root of your problem. We usually
tell customer's ,who have problems with their SHIFT keys, to rename them to
XSHIFT. Some systems have the name SHIFT as a reserved word and they do not
respond well to our use of it. Again, sorry for the confusion.
  About the Autosave problem. I think I've located where the problem resides.
After loading my version of XyWrite (3.57), I couldn't recreate the problem.
Therefore, I tested the same scenario on versions 3.56 and 3.55 . What I've
found is that the symptoms (ERROR msg) does not appear in 3.56, but it does
appear in version 3.55 . After further investigations, I had discovered that
it was reported as a bug in 3.55 and fixed for 3.56 and above. The only way to
get rid of the problem is to upgrade to 3.56 or 3.57. Hope this will not cause
a problem.

--Sysop--