Re: headers with name and page

Dear Xywrite buffs: I know the commands for getting page headings, but how do I get page headings with my last name typed in with Xywrite III Plus. Also, when we do pages, how can we get it to put in the first page number, 1? Thanks, Art.
Maybe I don't get your question, but if I do, the answer is very simple.
(Below, the angle brackets stand for the guillemets, which can be typed in
by going to expanded mode and typing ctrl-anglebracket.)

You can use normal formatting--just as you use for body text--anywhere inside the final guillemet. E.g.,

- - >
Art Whoever

That would produce a header that looks like this:
- 1 - Myfile.txt August 23, 2003

Art Whoever

And, of course, your name would appear in bold face.

Is that the kind of thing you wanted?
If you don't want to put the guillemets in manually, you can go to the command line and enter them that way--e.g., by typing:
pn

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx