Re: Mixed up colors

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Fri, 15 Jul 2016
18:38:24 -0400

Harry,

> Due to my idiosyncratic use of MODE commands, I would like vDOS to
> use a different SETTINGS.DFL from what I normally use. Since that
> is loaded by STARTUP.INT, I thought the easiest way to do this
> would be to have vDOS use STARTUP2.INT, but I can't seem to get
> that to happen by modifying either CONFIG.TXT or AUTOEXEC.TXT. Is
> there a way?

You have two options. One, in autoexec.txt, launch XyWrite with:

editor.exe ,startup2.int [/e####]

Follow this syntax EXACTLY. Editor.exe Space Comma, startup2.int. The
/e switch (if any) MUST come last.

Two, if (and only if) you're running the latest version of U2 (v123),
you can add a REMark to config.txt that will cause XyWrite to run one
or more configuration commands at startup. In XyWrite, your STARTUP.INT
must contain the line:

JM 2.XyWebU2.int Q2 ;*; where JM and Q2 are created with PFUN JM, etc.

Make sure that this line appears AFTER the line that loads XYWWWEB.U2,
and AFTER the line that loads SETTINGS.DFL and any printer file (SETP
command).

In config.txt, you add a line like this (anywhere in the file):

rem xy.1=BX load mycolors.dfl Q2 ;*; Again, PFUN bx, PFUN q2

where mycolors.dfl is a mini SETTINGS.DFL that has the color settings
that you want for vDos-lfn. It must have the ;PR; file identifier at
the very top of the file.

The advantage here is that you keep your regular STARTUP.INT file, and
relegate the configuration commands that are particular to vDos-lfn to
the vDos-lfn configuration file, i.e., config.txt.

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx