VPC 2007 vs. ______

I've been ping-ponging back and forth for quite some time now -- mentally, decision-wise -- between the merits of VMWare and VBox, as the right VM solution to go with.  But now I'm thinking that maybe I should not have written off VPC 2007, even if it is older and more complex to set up ?  I thought that I had secured all of the necessary pieces, way back when, as part of being prepared for any possible decision.  However, when I go looking through a saved record of all the contents on various hard drives, this is what came up.  (File dates must be download dates, so disregard those.)

 9-25-13  18:22:15  31,884,672 .a.. vpc_2007_setup.exe
 9-25-13  18:21:47  33,381,416 .a.. vpc_sp1_x64_setup.exe
 9-25-13  18:20:55  33,260,072 .a.. vpc_sp1_x86_setup.exe

Only that first one might be relevant ?  I see nothing that looks like DOS additions, or whatever else might be needed.  Kari, can you provide a full list of what I would need, if going that route ?  Given the filenames etc., I can do a more thorough search through what I have.  Considering the way I tend to stockpile things that might be important or become so later on, my guess is that I did download everything, and very likely longer ago than this.  This subject must have come up for discussion here even some years back, and I would surely have grabbed it then.

   Jordan