Re: SPELL frame

Reply to note from Fred Weiner  Fri, 20 Jan 2012
21:07:28 -0700

Fred:

> In reference to U2's batch spell routine, wouldn't it be better
> if one could add to the (loaded) spell dictionary?

You don't need U2 to do this. Just execute func SO, then hit F5 to
add the word permanently, or F3 to add it temporarily, to the
dictionary. Func SO is assigned to F7 by default (in XY4.KBD), but
of course you can assign it to any key you like in your KBD file:

nn=SO

No fuss, no muss -- easy.

XPL can provide some value-added in special situations, but since I
don't want to detract from the elegant simplicity of the above, I'll
leave that for a separate post.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx