Re: U2

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 13 Jun 2000 05:54:19 +0000

Carl:

> Why "of course"? You couldn't do it in Xy3; the ability to program
> shifting keys was *added* in Signature/Xy4.

But it remains a fact, you can do it. And we both know it, "of
course".

> That said, while I see no need for an across-the-board proscription,
> it probably *is* advisable to assign , in particular, to a
> fully dedicated key of its own. Given that it will launch any
> program that happens to be on the CMline, there's no telling what an
> errant keystroke might do.

However you phrase it, it _is_ the prudent thing to do. Now
she's got Alt-Tab problems, and it may not be an accident. I can't think
of many ways we (or I anyway) _violate_ XyQuest's intent; we've
just expanded facilities beyond what they envisioned.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------