RE: Search/Replace Func Characters

Biran, I too resisted U2 for years, I blush to say, but having joined
this list, I bit the bullet and have never regretted it. I haven't begun
to find out all the riches in these routines, but then you don't have to
learn it all at once. The docs that come with them tell you how to load
them and create a helpkey (it's just a matter of pasting a line of code
into your keyboard file--and remembering which key you assigned it to; I
went with CTRL-SHIFT F1, since help was always F1 in the olden days).
Then as one needs to do things, search the inf file and find what's
there. You may recall that Carl and I discussed some uses of U2 in
cleaning up files a couple of weeks ago: I'm always having to do that,
since the academics whose work I mostly copy edit don't know how to use
whatever rubbishy program they use. I too am leery of anything "doing
things" to my setup, but trust me, this does no harm and a great deal of
good.
Patricia