Re: vdosplus "set" command anomalies?

Wengier,

When the "set" command is executed, another vdos window opens -- and it's in that window where the change initiated by the set command takes effect.  So now there are two versions of vdos running.

I assume this is normal behavior(?)  Thanks.

From: Wengier Wu
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: vdosplus "set" command anomalies?

Hi John,

May I ask what is the "new vdos(plus?) window" you are referring to? Thanks.

Wengier

On Feb 20, 2017, at 4:14 PM, John Paines (Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The vdosplus "set" command, for example

Vdosplus /set LPT1 = "PDFtoPrinter.exe" #LPT1.PDF

or

Vdosplus /set font = consola

leads to a variety of odd xy3 behaviors in the new vdos window which the command opens.

The example in front of me is a simple xy3 macro which loads an HP printer driver.  Perform it in the primary vdos window and it works as expected.  Invoke it in the window loaded after the "set" command above, and it turns normally displayed black text into white italic text.

Not a pressing matter, but anyone else?