Re: Development Activities

So, I'm adding to a thread a couple months old. So, I've been
buried under really awful deadlines and am finally, FINALLY,
ahead enough to resume normal life.

At any rate, I'd really welcome the ability of any new release of
XyWrite to support ANSI character codes. We take our XyWrite 3.57
files into PageMaker
6.0 (and that's another story) for magazine page makeup. Company
policy makes our editors responsible for keystroking the correct
character. And you cannot believe the amount of finger-pointing
(and internal flaming) that takes place because of the difference
between ASCII and ANSI.

Yet we need ASCII for conventional printouts and correspondence.

Addressing this situation by offering switchable ASCII and ANSI
character coding would be wonderful!

Laurie Gorton
Editor, Baking & Snack
Sosland Publishing Co.