Re: Re Printer database

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> have one record in the Printers table, using the structure detailed
> above, and then two records in the PCLUsed table, reading:
>
> Panasonic(tab)KXP (or whatever its model number was; I forget)(tab)PCL3
> Panasonic(tab)KXP(tab)Postscript
>
> And in the Xydriver table it would have as many records as people used
> driver files:
>
> Panasonic(tab)KXP(tab)Post35N.prn
> Panasonic(tab)KXP(tab)QMSKiss.prn
> Panasonic(tab)KXP(tab)HP-IIP.prn
> and so on.

This is a lot more formal and structured than what had occurred to me (more
of a laundry list approach, perhaps in columns), and will be off-putting to
many of us. Unless it could be handled via some sort of fill-in Form that
could be agreed on, with people submitting what they know about re specific
models.

Jordan